Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Latest- A Mish Mash of Events

WHEW! A lot has been going on in the Saldivar household since the last post.  I have been slacking.
Well, I suppose I should update all of my readers (ahem, Daniel Saldivar) on the happenings of our lives :-) My New Year's Resolution is to keep up with this blog, as it will be fun to look back and remember what we have done over the years.  

~Wedding Bells~
Two of my dear friends are going to tie the knot this year and I am so lucky to be able to be a part of their weddings! 
On July 5th 2015 Janet and James will be getting married in Madison, WI.  I have never been to the city, but have heard wonderful things!  I am so excited to see this beautiful lady get married and be one of her bridesmaids.  She has been my friend since the beginning of dental school.  

On June 14th my lovely friend Michelle Perez (who helped my husband pick out my wedding ring) will be getting married to her sweetheart Luke in Boise, ID.  I am so honored to be her maid of honor!  
Michelle and I having a "moment" on my big day.  I am so happy I get to be beside this beautiful lady for her big day!

~Travels Abroad~
This November I was able to go to Tonga with some of my classmates and instructors to provide free dental care.  I had the amazing opportunity to work with a local dentist at a clinic in one of the villages. He was able to show me some amazing extraction techniques, and I was able to see how dentists in Tonga practice.   They don't do crowns there because there is no lab to fabricate them!  We were able to visit the blowholes and go to a luau, which was pretty amazing.  We also got stuck in Tonga for 7 hours longer than expected and missed our flight from Fiji to the U.S.  So we had to stay the night and spend an entire day at a resort in Fiji (what a rough life, right?).  Fiji Air paid for each of us to have our own rooms and for 3 meals at the resort.  We lounged by the pool and ate some good local food.  I was excited to be home though, because I had missed our 2 year anniversary! 
The clinic in one of the villages- Hafa, the local dentist is in the picture chatting on the phone
Waiting with the assistant for our bus.  This area beside this particular tree was the bus stop.
This chair was at the hospital in a locked, special room that only the royalty of Tonga could be seen in .
This is Dr. Johns and I in front of the hospital.  Dr. Johns is an endodontist at MWU.
This was in front of the dental clinic where we spent the majority of our time.
This is one of our patients that we delivered a "flipper" (transitional partial denture) to.  
A few important phrases that we learned
We called ourselves the sister wives
Giant lobster dinner at a local restaurant called Little Italy
This is where the girls stayed
The blow holes at sunset- what a beautiful, peaceful place
Nothing like a best friend!



We all "fit" into this red truck to go to see the blowholes
Underwater "selfie"
~Concerts~
When I got home from Tonga my darling and I were able to see one of our favorite singers, Michael Buble, for our second anniversary.  Wow! What an incredible performance, and talented man.  ~SWOON~

All of my married (and engaged ladies) went to the one and only BEYONCE.  I am currently listening to her new CD on repeat :-)


~Christmas~
Christmas was spent with my side of the family this year.  We had a wonderful time seeing everyone in Newport Beach and Arcadia.  We were even able to see Hunter, Aunt Michele, and Alex this year!  We filled up on dumplings, pho, limon chips, and lots of laughter!
Here's to a wonderful New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment