Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Come Fly with Me, Come Fly, Let's Fly Away

Well I think Dan's Birthday was a success this year.  We celebrated with friends and I got to surprise Dan with a flight to Sedona for breakfast.  One of my instructors owns a plane, and invited us to go with him.  The skies were blue and the day was perfect.  I don't think we stopped smiling all day!  Dan and I got to try our hand at actually flying the plane- Dan was a pro, but I was not so good at it!
I was better at taking pictures than I was at flying the plane
Sedona Red Rocks.  You can actually see the propellers in this picture

Our shadow



Dr. Haering and I next to the straight tail... I guess there is a "straight tail club" and it is rare to have one.  Who knew?








Lake Pleasant






A hot air balloon landing right below us


So suave


Dan and his ice cream cake from Cold Stone- so delicious. 

 We had a blast with our friends at Haus Murphy's- an amazing German restaurant in downtown Glendale.  This restaurant is very accommodating for large groups (we had a party of 18 and they split the check for us with no hassle) We had sauerbraten and chicken schnitzel, followed by sauerkraut chocolate cake for dessert.
                                            Dan was being serenaded in this picture
 Devin and Jackie enjoying some food




No comments:

Post a Comment