Sunday, February 16, 2014

Books Worth Reading

Have you ever been so caught up in a book that you have dreams about it?  Or want to chat with your favorite characters over a latte?  Or want to become best friends with your favorite author (I would really love to meet Jodi Picoult!)  Oh, wait is that just me?!  This Buzzfeed post is adorable, and describes my feelings about reading a good book...


On the other hand, have  you ever quit a book in the middle of reading it?   Or, do you stick it out until the end, waiting for a miracle to happen?  I felt like this happened to me recently while reading the hyped-up Divergent series by Veronica Roth.  I thought that the first book in the series "Divergent" was good…so I preceded to buy the second and third book on my Kindle (more on this nifty device later in the post).  I was disappointed in the second book… I couldn't connect with the characters like I could in the Hunger Games or Harry Potter series.  I proceeded to the third book, and about 100 pages in, could not bear it anymore.  I quit.  (I still would like to see the movie- I am very interested in how they will create the Dauntless headquarters)  



After that disappointment, I turned to goodreads.com and did a little creepin on some friends that have similar reading interests as me.  I downloaded "The Book Thief" (also a newly released movie) , "The Second Opinion," and "The Husband's Secret."  

This leads me to my next question… How do you feel about the Kindle vs Nook vs Book situation?
Although I love the feel of a good book (not to mention not having to worry about charging it or dropping it in the bathtub)  I love the accessibility of my Kindle.  I can download a book at a moments notice!  I have yet to figure out how to "share" books from one device to another, but I would love to be able to share books with my friends who have Nooks too.  I loved being able to lend my friends books, and I feel like it is so much easier to flip back and read from the beginning of an actual book than it is on a device.

I loved "The Husband's Secret"by Liane Moriarty.  I have suggested this book to all of my reading buddies, and can't wait to discuss the story with them!

I am currently reading "The Second Opinion."  I probably will not finish this one until I am on my plane ride to FLORIDA because of finals this week.  I will post my opinion on the book after I get back!


No comments:

Post a Comment